Wednesday, June 6, 2018

School Shootings #10

     Did I stumble into a rigid bureaucracy today! I called the Brattleboro school system trying to find out if anyone was discussing metal detectors and gunpowder sniffing dogs and got curtly shuffled from one employee to another, ending up with leaving a message for an assistant to please call me. As I waited on the phone, trying to find a human to talk to, I wondered how many administrators have been injured or killed in school shootings. They certainly seem either absent or inaccessible. They wouldn't even give me a school board member's phone number. Now that's real democracy. The whole experience of calling the school board was authoritarian. Let's see if I hear from the superintendent. I called 802-451-3400 first and then 802-254-3730.
     I also called Texas US Representative Roberto Alonzo, 512-463-0408, but was asked to email him.
     The Wall Street Journal recently published some news about a student who simply saw Charles Williams shooting his father's .22 revolver at school students. I believe a shot from a .22 will knock over a human only thirty percent of the time. It is the smallest calibre. Charles Williams killed two students and wounded thirteen. The student who saw him shooting says that seventeen years later Charles Williams "ruined" his life as he sought relief in drugs and has untreated PTSD.
     I mentioned this because yesterday I wrote against teaching boys to be less stoic and more feminine. Of course, I'm not talking about extreme stoicism as when my father told me to kill my beagle puppy, his mother, and other beagles in our kennel when they got distemper. I had to use a lead pipe and beat them to death. That was asking too much of a little boy, and I think just about every father knows that. I'm talking about sucking it up and doing the job in less painful situations. America simply can not afford to have males too sensitive to defend America. This can happen. I had a girlfriend whose husband was Japanese and being born after WW II was a pacifist. This was fine in Brattleboro, the most loving city in the nation in the most loving state in the US - Vermont.
But it didn't work so well on an outing at a bar in Mexico one evening. A very macho American, a local, began buying them drinks, trying to get them drunk. Then he began insisting they take a ride in his cadillac to his house. My girlfriend was playmate beautiful, and she told me that she realized then that her husband would not protect her. He was a pacifist. Finally, they were able to get themselves away from this aggressive man. We do not want Americans to be so passive that they will not protect their families and their country. ISIS, China, North Korea, Russia, and Iran will quickly enslave us. We who they let live. It's not realistic to be passive. The world is not a utopia and never will be because there are finite resources with infinite needs from humans.
     Did you notice the lie in the Maine Boys To Men Program. It had stated that
the problem wasn't with boys but with the culture, but in reality they were "working" with boys not the culture. Working with the culture would be putting up signs, going on television, writing articles, that sort of thing. They didn't do that. Instead, they are working with boys using conversion therapy to get rid of their "toxic" masculinity. You lied! But why, one may ask. The answer is follow the money. There's third party funding - the school system- available for "treating" kids with conversion therapy so they won't be school shooters, but no
money to be had working with the "culture" whatever that is. Nick

No comments: