Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Two Too Many?

I called Sarah, and as I predicted, she did not read my blog. She said she got to the library and found it closed. Considering Sarah has done her tutoring there for years and should know the library's hours by now, that might have seen odd but remember that Sarah is a sixties hippy. She did get a friend to read her parts of my blog for about an hour over the telephone. Sarah remarked to me, " It was very interesting. I didn't know you did so much black panther research like talking to that man whose family had seen ten or eleven black panthers." I hoped that her friend would find this blog interesting enough to read it regularly. Sarah commented, "If Meme (our mother's mother) had told Mom that she and Ron (Mother's brother) couldn't come see her at the same time, she would never have stood for it. What do you think I should do - I know you'll just say I should do what I think best - but should I just accept this or should I confront Mom about it?"
"Sarah, I've been thinking about that myself. I want to give Mom peace and quiet, but she's not a bump on a log. She saying and doing things that are very upsetting."
"Exactly!" Pam confirmed. "As I've told Mom, I want peace and quiet myself!"
"Touche! That's brilliant! In all my thinking and writing, I've never thought of that myself. Sarah, Kando is coming down the lane with the horse trailer. I've got to help load the horses. You take care, girl."
"I will. Call me. Bye."
"Bye, bye."
In other news, I found these items in the "Wall Street Journal": This past spring the Swiss government mandated that geneticists must do their research without trampling on a plant's dignity. How do you do that, and who decides if you're doing it or not? More government bureucrats, I'm sure. Also, I read that last September the people of Ecuador voted for a new consititution that is the first in the world to recognize an ecosystem's rights, and those rights are enforceable in a court of law. Therefore, the nation's rivers, forests, and air are no longer just property but are right-bearing individuals with "the right to exist, persist, and regenerate."
Will this paralyze people and give them less rights than other animals, and how far will people carry this - to molecules, perhaps?
Two-Guns at peternickerson12@yahoo.com.

No comments: