Monday, November 24, 2008

Positive Things, Love Lost

Since I am very hard on myself, I am forcing myself to note some good things: First, this weekend we tried to move the horses to Kando's four and a half acre pasture. There Odessa and Dually will be able to graze on grass, run, and have the company of other horses. We keep them in the woods where there is no grass and very limited space to run. We took down the corral which was made of metal horse panels and put them into the bed of a pickup Kando borrowed. I was the one who figured out how to put the last panel into the bed. Kando thought it should be another way, but Tasha supported me. Kando has about a half acre around his house. There's grass there, but there is one dog poop after another everywhere. I clean up the poop around our house which makes for a lack of grass and a plenitude of sandy dirt, but at least you and the dogs aren't constantly stepping on poop. Kando waters his horses out of an old bathtub. It was loaded with scum, and I was surprised he let the tub go that badly. I wash the tub and bucket we use for the horses every weekend with Clorox and wipe them clean with paper towels.
That was on Sunday, and on the previous Friday night, I was about the last person to leave the gym. I leave 5 minutes earlier than the closing time to give the workers time to put the weights away. As I was leaving, one of the workers came over and wished me a pleasant evening and shook my hand. I was touched by this show of respect because I have lived so much of my life so far out of the box that people would shake their heads at me. No one shook my hand.
Audrey asked me what was wrong, and I told her she knew very well. When she persisted, I told her, "You had no business saying that Rose was a big of s---!"
"Well, that's what I think she is!"
"I'm not taking you to Toastmasters' again. You are too hateful!"
"So are you!"
I muttered "Stupid!" to myself and walked away from her car.
She yelled something at me as she drove away.

No comments: