Wednesday, September 17, 2008

52. Finding The Path Of Love

Using Audrey's phone, I have talked to Sarah twice in the last day albeit short conversations. Succintly, she is afraid of talking to me about her problems with our sister, Rebecca, because of she fears Rebecca would harm her. I asked, "What would she do - put a contract out on you?"
"No, she wouldn't do that."
"Are you afraid she would get mother to disinherit you?"
"She could hurt me emotionally."
"You're going to have anything more to do with her after your last two visits to Idaho?"
"Yes, I'm already writing letters to her in my head."
Next time, I will say, "Sarah, you know you never send letters." Sarah has some kind of phobia about mailing letters in spite of the fact she denies it, and says she just never gets around to it.
"Sarah, I hate to give up trying to develop Peter's Template in this situation."
"I've looked at the questions you thought I could ask Rebecca, and she would just go around them."
As passive as Sarah is around Rebecca, the reality is that Sarah might not be able to hold her own, even with a lot of coaching from me.
"I don't know what's so formidable about Sarah. I have not found that so in my conversations with her. I mean, she is very intelligent and determined, but truth is not on her side."
"She's not formidable for you, but she is for me."
Saah has promised Mom that she will come back, and she intends to. But what is her plan? What will she do besides sit around Mom's house if she doesn't interact with Rebecca? Our brother, Ron, habitually works seven days a week. He may take some time off work, but probably only a weekend, just like he did her last trip. Won't Sarah sit around Mom's house dreading that Rebecca will show up and lambaste her for not taking good care of Mom just as she did the last trip? To sum it all up, all I am doing is documenting what Sarah said happened and trying to find a way she can identify to Rebecca that she is on the path of hate and try to help her get off it. The monkey is on Rebecca's back not Sarah's but somehow Sarah is so fused to Rebecca that if Rebecca sneezes, Sarah wipes her own nose. Sarah told me,"If you insist on writing what I have told you in your blog, I am going to have to be very careful about what I tell you about Rebecca."
"Sarah, why is everyone in our family so timid? Let me give you the word I feel in my gut - chicken----! The only thing that seems important in our family is making money. Truth and character are not important." But then if you were raised to think you were a chicken, you would be timid, and you would prize your money just as a chicken prizes her eggs.
Two-Guns at peternickerson12@yahoo.com

No comments: