Sunday, September 7, 2008

45. A Challenge of Masculinity, Palin's Adultery ?

Toward the end of the last week, I went over to the feed store for feed and hay for the horses. Hulk was there, and Tasha says he works there now. As I was walking back to the truck, Hulk asked, "Don't you have any hair on your legs? They look like a lady's legs. What do you do - shave them?"
Thinking that he had legs that resembled a bear, I said, "Okay, let's see what the hair on your legs look like."
He rolled up one trouser leg, and his leg had a little more hair on it than mine. "Big deal," I exclaimed, and we both laughed. I told Tasha about it, and her only reply was, "Hulk can be an ass." I reported Hulk's son, Gator,and my son, Bobby, for killing two many spring gobblers (male turkeys) about two years ago. Tasha made the mistake of posting a picture of the two of them with three turkey. She put it on the refrigerator. By doing that she was saying, "In your face!" because both she and Bobby knew I was against killing more than your limit of gobblers and breaking game laws in general. I knew that if I reported Bobby that would be the straw that broke the camel's bank in my relationship with Tasha, but I was tired of being walked over. Hawkey (Bobbby) and Gator had been taking my hunting and fishing gear even when I specifically told Hawkeye not to. For example, I told him not to touch my new but very cheap fishing rod and reel, but after that, Audrey told me Hawkeye had asked her if she knew where I had put it. Hawkeye had good instincts for I had given it to Audrey to keep at her place. I could not keep anything around the house. That was several years ago, and Hawkeye has grown up a lot in the interim. We are all sinners, and I don't think he would behave that way now. I took a stand with him even though it cost me dearly with Tasha. All she believes in doing with her children is to nurture them, never discipline them.
The game warden I reported Gator and Hawkeye to was a nice guy and assured me that he would bring no charges against Hawkeye that could keep him from becoming a fireman, which was Bobby's plan at the time. However, when the game warden got into the case, he found other violations that could have resulted in a maximum of seven years in prison. Bobby wouldn't tell me what they were, but he said he started "talking" to the game warden trying to get off the hook. Apparently, the game warden did not go over aboard with charges, and the State Attorney dismissed the case, saying it would be too hard to prove that Gator or Hawkeye killed the third, illegal turkey.
Thus, I was prepared to receive some hostility from Hulk since I reported his son, but his remark about my lady's legs was enough. Next time, I will suggest, since he is such a macho man, that we engage in a little sparring. I think I can find my old karate gloves that I brought with me from Virginia.
I heard on Fox News from Liz Trotter today that "The Enquirer" has or soon will have a story about Sarah Palin having an affair with one of her staff members back in Alaska. I know from experience the temptation women have when they make more money than their husbands and think their jobs are much more important than their husband's. As my brother, Toby, noted, "Everyone in the fast lane plays around." If this is true, I only hope Sarah will deal with it directly and honestly with none of the weaseling we saw with John Edwards when "The Enquirer" found out about his lover.
Two-Guns at peternickerson12@yahoo.com.

No comments: