Monday, February 4, 2013

Update on God Micro-Managing You

 I was wrong in the previous posting: I do not go to that group to try to get more people interested in Christianity. I go there for the fellowship but I realize that I'm not going to get it with my ideas, questions, and truth-seeking. I'm not going there to be irritated or to argue with the pastor and others. One man, a CPA, came up to me and shook my hand after the last meeting. He didn't say anything though. He's a quiet person there, never heard him say a word. That's not me. If those thirty men there, including several pastors, could not see that there was a contradiction between the definition of meek and what they had been led to believe it meant biblically, then I'm not at their service to teach them differently. Not without pay for it would be worse than just a thankless job. Besides, I don't think they want to hear it. When words no longer have the correct definition but mean the opposite, I feel like I'm at a cult or being brainwashed. Down the rabbit hole into Alice's world.  Words have meanings, and in the English language "meek" has nothing to do with "strength" or "power." I entered this group for fellowship. Using the Peter Principle (doing the most loving thing), I think I should look for fellowship in another setting. Peter "Two-Guns" Nickerson

No comments: