Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nature Note

I ran out of bird seed, and the cardinals went into a frenzy looking for it after a few days. At the end of the garage is a door that opens to a large room. I have made a doggy door there. The cardinals found it and were actually flying through the doggy door into the house looking for the bird seed. It had to be somewhere! One day I found two cardinals in the house. Another day I went into a bathroom that I rarely visit and found a distressed Lady Cardinal there. She had her beak open. I caught her and put her out. She perched and wouldn't move. I was worried about her, but at least her body wasn't there on the ground the next morning. That moved me to go to Walmart for another bag of bird seed. Now there are no more hungry cardinals in the house.

No comments: