Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nature Note

 I was in the parking lot of a local hamburger joint enjoying their way-too-expensive hamburger when a car pulled in next to me. As soon as the car appeared, a cat came to the car. Strange. The car parked, and the cat rubbed herself on the exterior of the car. Stranger still. An attractive woman on a bike appeared and engaged the driver of the car in conversation for a while and then left. A woman got out of the car and walked over to the hamburger joint. She was holding a cardboard box, and the cat pranced along behind her. The woman and the cat went out of my vision, but when the woman came back, I asked her, "Do you feed the cats."
  "Yes, I do. I have four other places where I put out food. All the cats have been neutered. The woman on the bike does the same thing. In fact, she used to feed the cats here untl I took over."
  "I noticed the cat following you."
  "Oh, yes. I have to come in the back way where there's less traffic. They've learned  the sound of my engine and will just come running out into the street.  If I used the main way, I'm afraid they'd get killed in the traffic."

No comments: