Sunday, December 9, 2012

Bigfoot Hunt #3 Continued

This hunt took place in Ocala National Forest, about 400,000 acres in Central Florida. At dusk I saw a huge black area in the brush on the other side of a low-lying area. I was still on the perimeter of the Navy bombing range. Aware that Bigfoot will sit down with his back to you, apparently hoping you will think you are just looking at a black stump, I stopped the truck and put my glasses on the spot. It was just a black area. Disappointed, I proceeded down the sandy fire trail and immediately came upon an area that was black from a fire probably from a bomb. The black area behind me must have been a finger of that fire. I eventually hit a paved road, and as most of the traffic was going to the right, I did too.
I drove for miles without seeing any road signs until I read that I was in Altoona which is on the way to Eustis. Having gone into Ocala National Forest on the west side, I was now out of it, having come out of the southern end of the forest. I pulled off the road and consulted my maps. I was apparently on Route 19 going south, the wrong way. I turned around and finally got back on Route 40 and worked my way home. I passed a gray fox, standing off the side of the road, intelligently waiting for me to pass before he crossed. He had a white throat and smart black eyes. I got leg cramps and had to stop and rub horse liniment onto my legs. The hunt lasted from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. To get into Ocala Forest, I had to cross a bridge over the Oklawaha River. I have a fear of heights and was very unhappy with the amount of fear I experienced going over the bridge especially in the daytime when I could see how high I was. If you have any Bigfoot sightings, please call me at 352-359-0850. Thanks, Two-Guns

No comments: