Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fishing With My Son



I went fishing with my son Jon on Lochloosa lake. Jon knew the fish were spawning and where to find them. He is one of the most knowledgeable and succcessful freshwater fisherman in the area. Jon called me and asked if I wanted to go fishing, I of course said yes. We agreed to meet at 2 pm. When Jon picked me up at the dock he had already been fishing for a couple hours. He said he knew where the fish are and off we went across the lake. We came off of plane and idled into some thick grass where I met one of Jons fishing Buddies Tom who was fishing in his canoe that he has had for 30 years. We fished with no bobbers or weights just a line, a hook, and a shrimp. The specks were laying there eggs under the grass and would bite the shrimp when it landed on there beds to protect there nest. We ended up catching around 40 specks and ended the day with a few drinks.

No comments: