Saturday, April 25, 2009

#156 "The Wrestler"

Last night, I watched the DVD "The Wrestler." Having listened to talk show host, Michael Savage, I anticipated seeing the wrestler making a comeback as Savage said he did. That was not established in the movie at all, but if you were a optimistic person you could say that the wrestler survived the jump he made - he didn't die from the heart attack he seemed to be having - and he made a stable, intimate relationship with the stripper who helped him form a stable, intimate relationship with his estranged daughter. I say that's what happened because he was so physically strong, but that is not what the film said as Savage claimed. I'm disappointed in you, Michael Savage. It was a great film, and I tried to get Tasha interested in seeing it as her public persona and her true self are very different just as the wrestler's and the stripper's were. Ironically, I was trying to sell Tasha on seeing the video just as she was ordering cuts of meat and cheese in the deli section of a Wal-Mart. That's where a great scene occurs with a demanding, slightly malicious old lady and the wrestler who is working part-time in the deli.
There is definitely a turkey hen nesting on our property where it borders the lane. I saw her running off when I came down to feed and water the horses and goats three days ago.
She's been doing this for years, and I have had to make the hard decision of whom do I support and nurture - the hen turkey or the feral cats. I have decided in favor of the turkey, and it is not only she but Hawkeye tells me that there are at least four other hens nesting on the abandoned railroad bed behind our property. Since cats and turkeys are mutually exclusive, I have decided to take actions by chasing away the cats. Two nights ago, I put on my Snakeguardz leggings and my headlamp and went out on the property after feeding and watering the horses and goats. I picked up the eyes of two raccoons and a deer. One coon went up a huge tree, and as I approached the tree, the other coon broke to my left, running away.
I also picked up the eyes of a white cat, and chased him away too, putting on three stalks until he disappeared. Last night, I saw nothing until I returned to the corral and found the white cat there, apparently coming in to eat the horse feed. He must be very hungry. Again, I drove him away, putting on several stalks until he finally disappeared from my light. This is hard action, but it is necessary if I want the turkey hens and their poults to survive. I continue to feed the feral cats off-propety, away from the turkeys, but I don't if this white cat is able to eat there. I have heard cats fighting near the feeding spot.
Talking about hard action, I want to ask a white person who voted for Obama to tell me why he did so knowing that Obama approved of killing a partially born baby and knowing that Obama championed the torturing to death of born, unwanted babies when he was an Illinois legislator. How do you rationalize such evil? I think a black person will simply say he voted for Obama because he was black, and that will probably be a true statement, rascist as it is.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Peter "Two-Guns" Nickerson, MS, MSW, at peternickerson12@yahoo.com or 352-359-0850.

No comments: