Wednesday, April 15, 2009

#150 A Fire Instead Of A Tea Party

I did not go to a tea party today. I have a pile of limbs about five feet across and three feet high that needed burning. Otherwise, it would continue to be a snake magnet. I had covered it with a tarp for several weeks waiting for a time after it rained to burn it. Today was the day, and I owed it to the safety of the dogs to get the snake magnet burned.
Over the weekend, Peanut, the little yellow lab and father of Rambo and Cowboy, died. Years ago, Peanut and two other labs were bitten by a big timber rattlesnake that I shot as it was about the strike Tanner, another lab. Peanut was bitten in the neck and as a result, he had coughing and swallowing problems the rest of his life. He died Saturday of a twisted stomach, a malady common in dogs with big chests. The twisting of his stomach was probably precipatated by one of his coughs. He was vomiting, in agony, and dieing in Tasha's arms at the vet's. So he was injected, but he was barely alive. I have been trying to get Tasha to give me a picture of Peanut for weeks now because he had made such a comeback from hip problems. Tasha got about ten pounds off him and got him acupuncture. But Tasha won't get me a picture. I don't think she likes me writing on the Internet. Control is very important to her, and I am very hard to control.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Peter "Two-Guns" Nickerson, MS, MSW

No comments: