Monday, April 6, 2009

#147 The Wild Man Of Olustee (Florida)

Yesterday, I went on another Bigfoot hunt. I did not see him, but I did see one turkey fly across the road, followed by another who ran across the road. I also saw a crow. Back in the woods, I saw three men having a redneck conference, which is hanging over the sides of the back of a pickup. They were parked in front of a deserted homestead. I had passed two of them on their four-wheelers. I got out, and one of them said," I guess we should have warned you that the road was washed out."
"It doesn't matter. I had to turn around somewhere."
I asked them the Bigfoot question, and two of them said no. Then the third man, Willie Croft, said this," Have you ever heard of the Wild Man of Olustee? They talk about him up at the store in Olustee. That he's 6 foot 7 and has long hair, and lives in the woods around Olustee. You can see him running across the highway in front of you. About ten years ago, I was living with a woman in Lake City and working in Jacksonville so I drove through Olustee twice a day. I saw him once; he ran right across the road in front of me."
"Was he naked?"
"It was impossible to tell."
"Because he was so hairy?"
"Right."
The next step for this is to go up to the store in Olustee and see if anyone there has heard about the Wild Man Of Olustee.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Peter "Two-Guns" Nickerson MS, MSW at peternickerson12@yahoo.com.

No comments: