Monday, April 20, 2009

#152 Our "Compassionate" IRS, part three

Today has been a frustrating one as I've rummaged through clutter trying to get organized. I did get the the box mailed back to Hydrolyze, but it cost me $6.20. That makes almost $20 I have spent for one application of an ointment to get rid of the bags under my eyes. Vanity! Remember Hydrolyze lies: it is not free for the shipping will cost. I then called Rick who was trying to get the packet of information that Jean Clough, the caseworker for Congressman Cliff Stearns wanted. He had received a call from Jean Friday, and she was very careful not to even discuss law as she didn't want to be interpreted as being a lawyer. If I ever ran for office, one plank of my platform would be that I would work for the individual to have the liberty of appointing anyone he wanted to represent him in court. He wouldn't be limited to lawyers who had passed the bar exam because such people are usually too expensive for us poor people. Yet there are people who haven't passed the bar such a former jailhouse lawyers, who could represent you in court for very little. Nothing is worse than representing yourself for the simple reason that you can't testify. If my daughter could have been my representative in court, and I could have testified against the Stouts' and the Starlings' testimony, the whole thing would have been very different. Rick finally found and gathered all the papers Jean Clough wanted and left the house for the library to make copies. As he drove he wondered if he were just unorganized or was Mr. Alzheimer playing a role. As if to answer him, he then recalled that he probably had not brought Jean's permission form to contact the IRS with him.. When he got to the library, Rick found that indeed he hadn't. He's not sure where he put it either.
On Friday, Rick called Jean back to let her know that I was blogging about this problem with the IRS stealing $145.50 from his Social Security check each month. When he told her that meant her, she seemed surprised, but then said something like, "Well, it's all out there nowadays." She thinks this issue can be resolved with the IRS and advised Rick not to make his complaint to Federal court yet. Then he heard on the "Handel And The Law" radio show Sunday that in some states, there is a community of property concept, and a spouse is responsible for the debts his spouse makes. I hope Florida is not such a state.
Also on Sunday, I heard the Great American Divider, President Obama, say that the fact that doctors left Cuba should teach us that we should not deal with countries just in terms of drug interdictions or military intervention. I thought, "There he goes again. Our communist President is not going to tell the truth - that doctors and thousands of other Cubans have left Cuba due to the butchery and tyranny of the communist, Fidel Castro. Instead, he's going to imtimate that it was the bad old USA that caused the Cuban doctors to flee Cuba."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Peter "Two-Guns" Nickerson, MS, MSW at peternickerson12@yahoo.com.

No comments: