Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bigfoot Tracks ?

Yesterday, I slipped my collar and drove Tasha about 150 miles to Tampa. Our new grandson, Stonewall, our first grandchild, is colicky so our daughter, Hilda, is getting very little sleep and very little time for herself. Tasha babysitting Stonewall while Hilda and her husband, Carlos, went out for dinner and a movie was the plan for that night.
On the way to Tampa, we stopped near Ocala for gas. The Ocala National Forest has been the site of various Bigfoot and black panther sightings and was nearby. While I pumped gas, Tasha went over to the Dairy Queen for sundaes. I finished, parked the truck under some shade for the dog inside, and then wandered over to another service station looking for locals. I found three men sitting on a bench in front. "Do you all have any Bigfoot stories?" I asked, not wasting time.
"No, but there's a Bigfoot inside," one man said, and I followed the chuckling men inside the station. They pointed to a huge man who was lounging on a chair with his feet up on another one. The big guy said, "Actually, there were tracks of a Bigfoot in a swamp about ten miles from here. That was about twenty years ago. It was either a Bigfoot or a bear." peternickerson12@yahoo.com

No comments: