Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Should God Just Love?

When I brought up the issue of Jesus killing Jezebel and her children, the Quaker friend asked, " What is God all about anyway? Just to love, love, love?"
  This is a strange defense for killing a jezebel and her children. After observing that, I would like to answer now that I've had time to think, that the Most Loving Principle answers what God and anyone else should do. Here I am, telling what God should be doing! I'm sorry but I am a child of God, and he didn't give me a brain for nothing. That principle is that you do the most loving thing in every situation. Certainly, there are many things you can do besides passively loving everything someone does or killing the sucker! Instead of Jesus killing Jezebel, how about giving her a conscience that had higher values than the one she had?
  Readers, I've had comments from the Quaker friend that I am "confused" and from the Methodist minister that "some of my arguements are weak," but those comments are useless and ad hominem until you tell me how I am confused and weak. If you won't do that, I have no respect for you. Sorry, but that's the most loving thing that should be done to you. You don't call me names and walk away without consequences. To be fair, the Methodist minister said he'd tell me how my arguements were weak.  I'm listening. Peter Nickerson, MS, MSW 352-359-0850  North of Gainesville, Florida 

No comments: