Wednesday, January 30, 2013

God Doesn't Micro-Manage Your Life

  I meet with a group of about thirty Christian (hopefully) men every week. This week I had a lot of vigor and found things irritating. First, I disagreed with the pastor, Micah, that the definition of  "meek" was
"humbleness under power." Micah asked for my defintion so I gave him the synomym "timid." This was supposedly wrong. Meek did not mean milquetoast or a doormat, he said. That was interesting since so much of my life I have been a doormat with a few heroic exceptions. Two guys in the audience had hand-held devices that supported him. I remarked, "I'll be damned!" and someone behind me commented, "Imagine that." I asked what Bibles were being used as I could not believe a dictionary had said that. Mikah asked me what dictionary I used. I told him Random House, and he poo-pooed that as being old school.When I got home, I went to my Oxford Thesaurus that I bought a few years ago. There was nothing that mentioned underlying strength in meekness. Synonyms were weak-kneed, spineless, and timid. I think the idea that there is underlying strength in meekness is just something to make Christians feel better about themselves : "I may be timid but underneath that I'm a powerhouse just waiting to be unleashed." Oh yeah.
  Another irritating thing is hearing repeatedly homillies like "God Will Provide" with Mikah jumping in and exlaiming, "He always does!" God does not provide, and if you wait around for him to provide whatever- housing, food, a vehicle or medication, you are going to be one disappointed human being. What God provides is a way of life as told (hopefully correctly) in the Bible and your salvation once you die. If God provided for you, what would be your purpose here? As meat for the aliens or Bigfoot? Your purpose here on earth, the domain of the Devil, is to test your character and see if the light of divinity or God in you grows or lessens as the Devil walks among us like a roaring lion. We are not God's Stepforth Wives, brain-dead and micro-managed by Him. The values of Christianity are love, tolerance, charity, and foregiveness. They are extremely powerful values and make it possible for man to prosper and be at peace with other men, unlike the teachings of Islam and Communism.
Their values are force and violence being inflicted carte blanche by government. From Christianity, I have gleaned the Peter Principle which is that we should do the loving thing. This includes doing the loving thing to all people including the mass murder busy shooting down people. The loving thing for you to do in that instance is to put the mass muderer out of commission the most expeditious way available to you including shooting him until he's down and unmoving.
 Another irritating issue is the meta-picture: Christianity in the United States is rapidly dieing. It may work fine for the men in my group, but it doesn't for most Americans. As a result, Christian values are rapidly being replaced by gutter values. This vaccum of values makes America ripe for Communism and Islamo-Fascism. This is what is keeping me going to the meetings.In my little way, I want to see if Christianity can offer something more to Americans than it is now. Homilies that underneath meekness is power and that God will provide will not cut it. Peter "Two-Guns" Nickerson 352-359-0850

No comments: