Monday, January 28, 2013

Another Deadly Enemy For Florida Bigfooters

I believe I have posted about a boa constrictor being found in Ocala National Forest. This is not to be confused with the pythons in the Everglades. I understand the Python Hunt there has produced 100 dead snakes so far. Now Florida has not only 17 foot long pythons that could easily wrap up a big man, but boa constrictors. But wait! There's more to fear. The first case of a potentially fatal disease has been found in a horse. The diease is found in dogs, humans, and obviously, horses. It is called Leishmania Siamensis and is srpead by sandflies. Its signature mark is a red, raised sore that gets bigger and then heals, leaving a scar. The young, old, and other immune-deficient persons are vulnerable. The sore heals into a scar, but the disease goes deeper until it attacks the bones and becomes fatal. The good news is that if it is caught early enough- what "early enough" is  being unstated - it is treatable.
P.S. I've stayed at the Greenbiar and have hiked the trails, getting confused and missing dinner as the result.
It did nothing for my popularity. I head what I thought were dogs barking up in the mountains but no Bigfoot that I could tell. But there are bear and deer so Bigfoot has someone to eat besides humans. The trail camera picture of a possible Bigfoot about to tear apart a rotten stump was certainly a could be at least. We have been burned so many times though! Peter "Two-Guns" (aren't I brave!) Nickerson , MS, MSW (educated too) 352-359-0850 Please call about your black panther-Bigfoot sightings.

No comments: