Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Dicey Police Situations #1

     As promised, I will explain why even in the most loving town in the US of A there are dicey police situations that make you fearful of capriciousness. The first happened a few nights after my shoulder surgery in which Dr. McLarney repaired two bad tears in my shoulder and another bad one which she discovered during surgery in my bicep. I say "bad" because they were torn so far apart she didn't know she could put them back together again. On that particular night, my sister was making a routine visit to make sure I was okay along with Chris, whom she already know. My sister mentioned she had missed my road and gone onto bare ground. I remarked that the road was quite dark.
     We were enjoying our drinks when a big, red-headed cop knocked on the door. Someone had reported my sister missing the road on the possibility that she was drinking. She assured the policeman that she hadn't been. She's almost seventy and simply doesn't see as well anymore. Then the cop wanted her name and address, and then he wanted Chris's and mine. Now I didn't like a cop disturbing my privacy and my drink by coming to my door and requesting my name and address. However, I could not risk any kind of disturbance to my shoulder and simply complied as did Chris. I think my sister asked why the questioning, and the cop replied that it was just for information. That wasn't a sufficient reason, but I said nothing. It was a dicey situation.
     Now if BPD hears about this post somehow and wants to respond, I will carry its reply as accurately as I can on this blog. I didn't complain to BPD about this incident, but there is no need to keep it a secret either.
Peter Nickerson, Philosophy Major, 352-359-0850  peternickerson12@yahoo.com
Any Bigfoot or black panther sightings, please contact me.
"The measure of a man.
 Is not what he says,
 But what he does,
 And what he allows others,
 To do in his presence."
  Navy Seal Instructor

No comments: