Friday, December 30, 2016

Hartford Auto Insurance Troubles #2

     It is now more than a week since the accident, and I haven't heard from Hartford Auto Insurance. Last night, Chris said, "I had to call Hartford for a claim number so you have to call Hartford for a claim number too. What makes you so special?"
     "I am special to your insurer because you caused me an injury."
     "You're not injured!"
     "My truck is! $700s worth!"
     From this point, things became only more emotional with Chris claiming that the lane out of our complex was only a one lane road, and me responding that she was lying. Finally, there was nothing else to do but open my front door and order her out. She left with uncomplimentary remarks about me and a mandate for me never to talk to her again. This has happened before when I put some boundaries on her behavior.
     I had wanted to ask Chris if she was told by Hartford Insurance Company that I was no one special and would have to call them because they weren't going to call me. I didn't have the opportunity to do that, but I did call Progresssive back to ascertain whether the claim number my agent had given me was theirs or Hartford's. My agent, Ellen, called me back to say it was Hartford's claim number. At least I had that much. I then called the Hartford agent, left a message, and did not get a callback. Ellen had told me this agent was claiming he had called me. In his imagination! I then called the number for his "team" and got a teed-off white man's voice from Indiana. I copied his tone until he ameliorated it. He ended up promising he would call my chosen body shop and approve the repair of my truck as soon as we hung up. We did that, and I drove over to the shop. The white man had done it. Finally, it seemed over with Hartford. What a contrast with the way I was treated by AMICA. Please, whoever the lady is who hits me next, be insured by AMICA! My fog lamp was falling off my grill so the body man quickly and politely removed it. He was also a white man. Peter Nickerson,  352-359-0850
If you have any black panther or bigfoot sightings now or in the past, please call me.
"The measure of a man is not what says,
but what he does and what he allows others
to do in his presence."
-Navy Seal Instructor
I hope his girl/boyfriend would say he met that measure!

No comments: