Thursday, January 5, 2017

License Plates Stolen!

     This morning I was eating lunch from Meals-On-Wheels -my first step toward the nursing home- and looked out the window to check on my horse. Colorado had no license plate on the back. I couldn't see the front end, but when I did, I saw no plate there either. There were some fairly small tracks in the snow by the front end. They looked like a woman's. Yesterday, I had parked in front of St. Michael's church, at McDonald's, at the gym, and at home. My truck is sunburst orange, and has on the back cap written: "Ever seen a panther? Yes, please let me know." It is not a vehicle to be unobtrusive while you are thieving license plates. Then I learned from a hairdresser that you only need one license plate on
(not true, an officer informed me later). That made me think someone took both plates then to be spiteful, and I began thinking about who was mad at me. Well, that would be Chris as she told me not to talk to her anymore and ended it with "You crazy a..."She was angry at the way I was trying to get Hartford Auto Insurance to respond to my being hit by one of their clients- Chris. I often don't respond the way people would like me to. In fact, I've gone
to a cognitive-type counselor to work on my assertiveness, and I think I making a lot of progress. Other people are tearing their hair out!
    I met the officer outside the library, and he said there's been some thievery of license plates though not lately. He will ask Chris if she knows anything about it. I tried to call one of Chris's friends but a friend of the family said this friend would not get involved even to call Chris and ask if she knew anything someone taking my plates and if that someone would put them at my door, I'd be happy and not press the matter anymore. I can take a joke. Officer Cable and I exchanged cards like civilized people and went our ways.
     Let me say that it was very disquieting to have written the last two blog entries about two police events that I had questions about and then to look out my apartment window and see my license plate gone. You may know that a constant theme of my blogging is the erosion of the sanctity of the individual and his civil rights to an authoritarian regime made possible by a terrifying secret police- like what Cuba, North Vietnam, China, Russia -need I go on?- have. I voted for Trump primarily because I thought he could be controlled. Hillary had already proved she was above the law and the mindless mobs still loved her. It took the Electoral College to defeat her unfortunately.
Peter Nickerson, Philosophy Major, 352-359-0850 peternickerson12@yahoo.com
"The measure of a man
 Is not what he says,
 But what he does,
 And what he allows others,
 To do in his presence."
- Navy Seal Instructor
 If you have ever seen a black panther or a bigfoot, please call or email me.

No comments: