Tuesday, March 3, 2009

#132 Bigfoot Hunt Cont.

Terry made some calls and got Uncle Al's number which she gave to me. She also described a dirt road where Uncle Al had taken her on a four-wheeler to try to see Bigfoot. A very energetic 77 year older. She had not seen a woods person. Terry also said that Uncle Al called her Penelope, and that she knew him through her boyfriend. Penelope was such a nice person, I really didn't want to leave. When I did, because she had to get back to work, I drove back to ask her if Uncle Al was a steady person. She replied that he was definitely a steady person, and she loved him. Lucky Uncle Al! She had not known what he did for money before he retired. My phone battery was too weak to call him, and I worked my way back to Route 40. I found the Crooked River State Park just beyond Kings Bay Submarine Base and saw the U.S George Bush, retired in the sand. The park had only 600 acres so I didn't even try to tour it. I did visit the historic part of St. Marys and read the marker for the spot where the first pecans were supposedly grown in the Southeast. Then I began driving the forty miles back to Folkston and found the dirt road that Tammy had told me about. I drove three miles down the road without seeing a house. Then I came upon an old church and later a handful of houses built right on the road. One had signs in the window reading "Boston Butt" and "Meals Cooked To Order." I was sure this was a joot joint. I got uncomfortable without a gun or even a hunting knife, so I turned around and drove back. I saw fresh tracks in the road, but each time I got out, I saw that they were deer tracks. As soon as it got dark, I started seeing deer, seven in all. I got two ice cream sandwiches and a horrible fountain coke in Folkston and turned south on 121. Beyond the south end of the Okefenokee National Park, I found a very broad dirt road and drove down that several miles but saw nothing. The trip was over 200 miles long and took nine hours. By some miracle, no one had pooped or peed on the floor when I got home, but the dogs were very eager to get outside.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Bullets From Two-Guns: Last week at Toasmasters' I had to give a two minute table topic. I decided to try to articulate what I had learned about Anthony Johnson and compare it to what Obama was doing now. I said, "When I arrived here, I realized I had left my personal gear at home and asked Roz for four dollars to buy enough gas to get home. I could have waited until the meetng began and then told you that I was trying to live on Social Security but Roz had that plus a retirement. I could have asked you to vote to force Roz to give me four dollars since she had more money than me. In 1619, the first 19 Africans were brought to Jamestown Island in Virginia. One of those Africans or more likely, a later African was Anthony Johnson. At that point he was not called a slave but an identured servant. He was able to pay for his identure and his wife's. He became so prosperous that he acquired other Africans, and one day he decided he would try to stop one of them from serving the rest of his identure with someone else by going to the Northhampton County court and having that identured servant re-classified as a slave in permanent bondage. In a short time, all blacks who had been identured servants became slaves in permanent bondage. Anthony Johnson, a black from Africa, started slavery in America. Now we have elected another black which was a tremendous milestone for a race that had sufferred slavery for about two hundred years here. But this man, Barrack Obama, is beginning to act like Anthony Johnson in that he is putting people in the top income brackets into partial-slavery. Their money is being taken from them through high taxes to be given to others with less income. I didn't take Roz's four dollars by force, and Obama has no right to take these high income people's money either." This little speech took four minutes, and I was slapped on the wrist several times for talking too long. The room was quite subdued at the end of the meeting. When I first mentioned Anthony Johnson, our one black member smiled as if to say she knew all about that myth, but as I continued, she became stony-faced. A retired dentist complimented me as he left, saying that I had come a long way not only as a speaker but as a man. You can tell the U.S. Attorney General that I would be happy to discuss race with him or anyone else. Peter "Two-Guns" Nickerson, MS, MSW at peternickerson12@yahoo.com.

No comments: