Friday, June 9, 2017

Vermont Selectboard Un-Candidate #25

     First, I failed to stand up to the crowd of "diversity" - that is," my preferred diversity, excuse my lying." I will try to stand up to these hypocrites and hysterics next meeting. It's not easy to change from a frightened rabbit to a charging black panther. Here's my report of the meeting: "The red line of professionalism was broached by ugly politicization last night, June 6, at the Brattleboro Selectboard meeting. I arrive early and told a lady that we owed it to our citizens to employ the most qualified job applicant. She assured me that was the policy [not for long!].  Everyone but me was there for promoting diversity, and many had little signs that they politely parked at the doorway. When the diversity discussion was over, I was the only one left in the room who was not a town government employee. As a phobic, I found the "diversity" discussion not diverse at all; I only heard about black people and lesbians. There are many other categories of people who struggle to be in the mainstream but can't because of limitations. For example, nine percent of the population suffers from phobias which is fairly close to the twelve percent of blacks and way above the four percent of lesbians. Why put lesbians above phobics? Can you see the endless bickering and grouping people can engage in when there is an attempt to prioritize one group above another? It will be a lawyer's dream come true, paid by the Brattleboro taxpayers." To Be Continued
Peter Nickerson, Philosophy Major, 62 Town Crier Dr., Apt. 12, Brattleboro, VT 05301 352-359-0850  We are engaging in this narcissism, selfishness, and grifting while our soldiers are losing limbs, minds, and even lives fighting for our safety and freedom? Disgraceful! If you want to see a black or lesbian become a cop, help him to become qualified, and then if he's turned down, ask why. If not satisfied, fight like hell for him based on evidence not your precious, highly self-esteemed feelings.
Don't use your political muscle to ensure that your preferred type of candidate is chosen over more qualified candidates. That is not what America is about, and I hate your trying to make it that way!

No comments: