Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Vermont Selectboard Un-Candidate #14

     Game Warden Kelly called me back this morning. I phoned back and left a message about the turkey gobbler. I didn't see him yesterday or today so he has left or died.
     This leads me to Plank #2 of my selectboard platform: I would like to see a mandatory marksmanship level necessary for hunting. Animals deserve the most humane shooting with shotguns, rifles, bows, muskets, and crossbows. One of my brothers and I had to qualify in marksmanship with a bow to hunt the sika deer- actually Japanese elk- on Assateague Island in Virginia.
     I envision these tests being given by the National Rifle Association. Not only is your marksmanship tested, but also your ability to function under the pressure of being tested. This is important because there will be pressure when you shoot an animal. In the hunting culture, it's know as "buck fever" and varies from the shakes to paralysis. This would also be a good venue for people having guns for self-defense: the pressure of being tested could simulate the pressure you're under when it's necessary to shoot a human animal.
     I am beginning Unwanted Advances by the feminist Laura Kipnis who found herself reported to the authoritarian Title IX coordinators on her campus for the hysterical charge of creating a hostile enviroment by writing an article in a scholarly journal. So far, she has supported professors dating students, saying none of the many women she knows who did it had any problems. I guess not. I'll be they got As from the professors and had a faculty advocate and a great recommendation when they applied for a job. I don't support someone in a position of authority having access to sex with a subordinate because of the power the superior has over the subordinate. I would think a feminist would support that. Laura Kipnis is too breezy for me at this point. It's like she's knocking back a few as she writes her book.
     I went by the "Take Back the Night Event" on the Commons and my first thought was "This was why the Reformer didn't publish my letter about great concern for the innocent young men found guilty of sexual assault at campus kangaroo courts. Just and normal procedures like timely notice, information favorable to the defendant and cross-examination are being denied to the accused based on the delusion by the Title IX coordinators that all men rape.
Therefore, why give them any procedures (that might establish the truth) to get out of the charge? As Ayn Rand famously said, "Check your premises." The premise that all men rape is either delusional or a knowingly evil lie. I think it is the latter. You can't be that delusional and still drive a car or find your way back to your comfortable Title IX office. But why are people accepting that lie? Have we all become invertebrates? Surely, there are men on the Reformer staff. Do they think of themselves as rapists? Do their wives or significant others? Surely there are mothers of sons on the Reformer staff. Do they think of their sons as rapists? There are no witches flying around on broomsticks, there are no male day care providers in underground chambers engaging in ritualistic sex, and all men are not rapists. Get over the hysteria before you make yourself a paranoid schizophrenic! Speak out against these delusions, and make yourself a vertebrate!

     "Freedom, evidence, and reason. Humor too."
Peter Nickerson  352-359-0850 peternickerson12@yahoo.com Philosophy Major

No comments: