Thursday, August 18, 2016

Sharia Death In Patents

    Death comes in many forms. One is the lack of creation and innovation of a nation. Freedom supports the greatest growth, and since Sharia is utter submission [a form of death in itself], let's look at some of the Sharia world.
In 2015 the U.S. Patent Office had 3,804 patents from Israel. Compare that to 364 from SaudiArabia, 56 from the United Arab Emirates, and 30 from Egypt. This came from "The Meaning of an Olympic Snub" by Bret Stephens in the Wall Street Journal.
    Another source credits the entire Arab world in 1998 as producing a pitiful 3 technology patents. The Republic of Korea had 779 in comparison. Between 1980 and 2000, the Arab World had 370 but South Korea had 16,000. This comes from Brigitte Gabriel's book, Because They Hate (2006). Freedom speaks volumes and many patents too.
    If you take away the oil from the Arab world, all they export is death. Compare that to Arab Renaissance in the 8th Century the democratic Mutazila Islam was in ascendancy before being smashed by the Sharia- loving Kharijites. In  that era, Muslims invented algebra and trigonometry.
    Last week, I started walking into The Roost when I heard an elderly couple yelling at their patient German Shepherd in the parking lot. The woman screeched, "I hate you and your f.... dog!" I stopped and watched to see if either struck the poor dog. They didn't, but I called 911 anyway. A smooth, sincere voice told me they would take care of it. Other people were watching too, and we waited for the cops. When one drove by The Roost, I knew they weren't coming. I did not enjoy the prospect of walking over to the SUV of an old, highly irritated, hateful man and telling him to be kind to his dog, but the Seal Instructor poem came to mind, and I did it. The shouting, angry man did not pull a gun. He calmed down immediately, looking around him for the cop I had fruitlessly called. The woman walked over and glued herself to me until I was able to shake her off inside The Roost. She complained, "We've been homeless in Maine for five days, and he gets $3,000 a month, and all he does is buy a dog for $37!" I told her that was no reason not to be kind to the dog, and if the dog got too much for her to call 911 and ask for a dog officer. She was telling me about someone in Afghanistan when I was finally able to escape her. The poor dog has to listen to that and the man's diatribes every day with no way out!
    Peter Nickerson, Philosophy Major, Class of '68, William and Mary
 "The measure of a man
   Is not what he says,
   But what he does,
   And what he allows others,
   To do in his presence."
    - Navy Seal Instructor

No comments: