Thursday, July 28, 2016

Islam's Dhimmitde

    I was on the treadmill last night at the gym when the two top bodybuiders started talking and ended up about six feet away so that even I could hear them. One is the biggest bodybuilder I have seen in real life. He is about six feet tall and three hundred pounds of packed muscles. The other is a kid who came into the gym three years ago, loved weights and the weights loved him back. He slowly built up muscles while his buds who came in with him remained looking like me. Some people, a very few, can muscle up, and it's much easier with the shorties. The kid was back in the gym after his first year at UCLA and as he worked out on the Stairmaster, carrying on a conversation with Big Man, I heard him say, "There's just as many Christian extremists as Muslim extremists. They when in and slaughtered people during the crusades." It wasn't my conversation but I had to say something: The Crusaders were taking back land that the Muslims took from them. They don't teach you that!"
    "Yes, they do teach us that. But they just slaughtered people!"
    "The point is: what is happening now. Christian extremists are not slaughtering people. Muslim extremists are!
    "Any kind of extremist is wrong," the UCLA student declared."You're an extremist."
    When he said that, I was walking out of the aerobic room back to a weight station. I looked over my shoulder in disbelief that he could say such an absurd, demeaning thing. He concluded that from what I said, or is he hearing voices? He gave me a sarcastic smile. I walked on. I figured I had got a whiff of the insanity the professors and college administrators are promoting, and it stunk.
     Continuing with insanity leads to Karen Armstrong, a nun for about nine years, and renowned "scholar" on religions of the world. I've read that she is an apologist for Islam, and I think the person who wrote that was pussy-footing. She is a liar. Here it is: "One the Jews, Christians, and Zoaoastrians in their new empire had become dhimmis (protected subjects) they could not be raided or attacked in any way. It had always been a point of honor among the Arabs to treat their clients well, to come to their aid, or to avenge an injustice done to them. Dhimmis paid a poll tax in return for military protection, and were permitted to practise their own faith, as the Quran enjoined. This is from Karen's book, Islam.
    Compare that to Robert Spencer's The Complete Infidel's Guide to ISIS. First, Spencer writes that the rules of dhimmitude were enforced to keep Christians beneath the ruling Muslims. Second, Christian were so persecuted by dhimmitude in the Otttoman Empire Caliphate that Christian parents were relieved when the Muslims would seize their strongest and brightest sons, convert them, and train them to be the special forces for the Muslims.
To be continued.

No comments: