Thursday, July 21, 2016

An Anti-Sharia Confrontation

    This is a small confrontation, but it is a beginning. I had just finished another confrontation and driven to my favorite cafe for a relaxing cup of coffee. I sat down at a table with my coffee and started unwrapping two books on Islam ordered from Amazon. A female friend, who also likes to read, came over to see what books I had. A young woman, a friend of hers I didn't know, followed. I explained to the young woman that I wrote a blog critical of Sharia Law.
    "Alright," she said unenthusiastically.
    "It's more than alright; it's absolutely necessary. Sharia Law is very dangerous," I snapped.
    "It's complicated," she replied still unenthusiastic.
    "No, it's not. It's very simple. Would you like your genitals cut?"
    The young woman turned around, uttered something very short, and walked off. I asked my friend what she said. She's a very quick thinker and a lady who likes having a fun, not acrimonious, time.  She said, "I didn't hear her" and shrugged. We turned to my two new books.
    Peter Nickerson, Philosophy Major, Class of '68, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia  peternickerson12@yahoo.com
    The measure of a man
    Is not what he says,
    But what he does,
    And what he allows others,
    To do in his presence.
       - U.S. Navy Seal Instructor

No comments: