Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Bowel Obstrction #11

Preface: I was going into the post office in north Brattleboro when I heard a robin screaming from a hedge of evergreens nearby. Then I heard the "clack" of grackles and knew they were trying to get to Mother Robin's eggs or chicks. I approached the hedge, and two black raiders with big tails flew out, clacking as they went. I watched them land in a nearby tree, and when they saw me still observing them, they flew across Putney Road. Unfortunately, they'd be back. Mother Robin needed one of Arnold's guns.
Tuesday, May 3, '16: I'm operating without my journal, but Ms. Peterson of Brattleboro Internal Medicine also tried to float this rationalization for not indentifying the authorship of her letter. She said I could look at the long, narrow rectangle at the bottom of the letter, which contained a list of clinicians, and conclude that one of them sent me my "fired as a patient" letter. Back home, another senior citizen and I put our silver heads together and pored over the rectangle of names. We were unable to find Peterson's name so since she told me the name of the letter-writer was in the rectangle, and she had written the letter, and her name was not in the rectangle, she was telling me a falsehood.
    Without my notes, the second and last thing that was wrong with her letter was that her final sentence said there was a disclosure form included so my medical information could be forwarded to my new health practitioner. There was no such letter.
    Thus ends, I guess, my critique of supposed Alene Peterson's letter to me. It was an unidentified, incomplete letter. If I had written such a letter, I wouldn't have wanted to identify myself as the author either. It was shabby and hostile and not at all professional.
    Peter Nickerson, Philosophy Major, Class of '68, William and Mary

No comments: