Monday, April 25, 2016

Bowel Obstruction #8

    Monday, 4-25-2016: I got a call from PA Paul and explained that I was worried about being on only Benazapril to see if the Norvasc was causing the constipation since I had broken through the Benazapril by itself and even broken through both Benazapril and Norvasc when I went to the emergency room. At that time, my blood pressure was 150 and the alarm on the BP machine went off. Paul said he could prescribe another blood pressure medication, but it could introduce additional factors. I reiterated I was worried about stroking out. He reiterated that he wasn't saying we wouldn't use another blood pressure medication, but I could withstand a blood pressure of 160 over 100 for several hours. I thought we were on a merry-go-round so I suggested that I split up the 60 milligrams of Paxil I take one time a day to taking it two times a day to see if it were the Paxil causing constipation. He agreed with that, and I said I'd call him back in a few days to report. He said okay, and I remember ending with "Thanks a lot, man." I felt good, thinking that the train of excellent and prompt medical care and friendly, even warm, relations with the staff at Brattleboro Internal Medicine was back on track, only being derailed a short time. Boy, was I wrong! Apparently, a distant command and control type administrator who wasn't keeping up with events - a common phenomenon in centralized command and control operations- decided to throw me out to the street by way of a registered letter I had to sign for. I will assert my views about this letter in another post, but let me say it was very unprofessional and discourteous and cowardly as there was no author or authoress to the letter nor did she sign it. I hope this is a man as I have found that men can clash antlers, not cry about it, and not run for victim status, and then get along fine afterwards. I'm not so sanguine about a woman. My substantial years in this world don't support such optimism. I guess that will inflame those who think there are no differences between men and women. I would certainly agree that the differences seem to be diminishing each year until I find myself wondering if it's going to end up with women only protecting us from the swordsmen of the Islamic State Caliphate. I can't help but notice the athletic, young women striding along in their boots and tights with their chests out accompanied by schmucks padding along in flip-flops, skinny legs in short pants, and no chests.
    Peter Nickerson, Philosophy Major, Class of '68, William and Mary
   

No comments: