Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Bowel Obstruction #6

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:45 pm:    After taking the laxative and purging my bowels, I find I am still in the same position of passing poop pellets instead of bowel movements. I decide that maybe that laxative wasn't enough and take a second one last Monday, two days ago. I go through the same disgusting purging and again on the day after find I still am constipated and still passing pellets. I am drinking prune juice several times a day, beet juice, and another juice with about five fruits in it. I am having a salad a day and vegetables and fruits. There's a small improvement: I am passing today some chunks of poop but have gas so loud that it sounds like cannon fire and the chunk hits the toilet water so hard it smacks water onto my butt!
    I call the Walmart pharmacy and ask if the second blood pressure medication- Amiodipine Besylate- that PA Paul Stanchfield prescribed for me could be causing the trouble. She asked if it could be the Paxil, but I didn't think the timing was right. She said that AB could cause diarrhea, but on the other hand, it could cause dry mouth. I said I was having the latter lately. She replied that it could be the blood pressure medication then and advised me to call my doctor. There's the rub, but I'm hoping things have changed now that Jody Dodge has stepped into the silence. I call Nurse Mark per protocol and have to leave a message. I explain that Dr. McFadden in the ER had asked about a new drug causing constipation and Walmart had said it could be. I asked that PA Paul try another BP drug and asked Nurse Mark to call me. I made that call at 12:58 pm. If anyone can shed some information on this situation please contact me at 352-359-0850 or peternickerson12@yahoo.com.
    Peter Nickerson, Philosophy Major, Class of '68, William and Mary
MS at VCU, 1975 and MSW at NSU, 1993

No comments: