Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bowel Obstruction? #3

11:53 am Thursday, 4/14/16
    I typed Tuesday's events in the afternoon into this blog after talking to Kate who told me she was so sorry this was happening to me. I took a copy of it the posting plus Bowel Obstruction #1 to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital to give Kate.She had gone home, but the receptionist - you see how constantly I have to work with receptionists- put the two posts into an envelope to give to Kate Somebody.
    It was five o'clock and the Physicians' Group closes then, I believe, so I called Walmart to see if their prescriptions employee had sent my Paxil prescription over. She hadn't. I considered going to the police station to make a complaint against her for withholding medical care to a senior, but talked on with the Walmart worker. She's says they will prepare some Paxil for me. I am greatly relieved. I told her I had to rely on Paxil last night that had been out in the cap of my truck for two years so I didn't know how good it was. She remarked, "Oooo!"
I was greatly relieved to know I had my Paxil.
    I checked my voice mail and listen to a message from Kate Somebody who is the other hospital administrator besides the CEO. She tells me about all the people she has talked to concerning Paul Stanchfield who refuses to return my calls so I can know what the X-rays for my stomach obstruction say and who also doesn't call to tell me why he's not returning my calls even after my ex calls from Florida to ask him to contact me about my X-rays and to get my prescription over to Walmart. Of course, she isn't able to talk to him, only a receptionist. Is anyone available besides the receptionists?
Kate also says she has talked to a Ms. Peterson, supervisor of the practitioners at the Physicians' Group, and Ms. Peterson will be callling me.
     I call Kate back. She's not there, of course (but I bet the receptionists are!) so I leave a voice mail telling her of the prescription clerk employee not sending into my pharmacy just like yesterday. Now that employee has exceeded the 48 hour cushion in which to send in prescriptions. I tell her I have considered making a police complaint of abuse by withholding medical care to a senior with a disability for both Paul Stanchfield, a physician's assistant employee, and the prescriptions clerk, also an employee. I tell Kate that this situation is so stupid and malevolent that it scares me. We hang up. Unfortunately, I get flustered and anxious very quickly. Maybe it comes from having a father who started threatening me with death at age 2 and continued that threat and the threat of reform school until I went to college at 17. Unfortunately, they didn't have child protective services in those days. Isn't it telling that I went on to become a child protective services worker? Despite my high anxiety about what Paul Stanchfield and the prescription worker are doing to me by deliberately neglecting me, I'm  standing up to their abuse whatever the consequences.
    I go home, and since I have felt like I need to go to the bathroom constantly for the last month, I go to the john. I strain and push out a couple of pellets of poop and look down at them. There is pinkish blood around one pellet. That's enough! I get back into the truck and drive to the emergency room at Brattleboro Hospital. In the parking lot, I first call my daughter, Wendy, in Florida,who is studying to become a veterinarian. I tell her where I'm going, just in case I have to have an operation. I promise to call her back if it's not midnight. I enter the emergency room and go up to the receptionist. Thank God for the receptionists!
    Peter Nickerson, Philosophy Major, Class of '68, William and Mary, MS at VCU, 1975 and MSW at NSU, 1993.

No comments: