Thursday, January 7, 2016

Trevon Martin Situations

   You are lying on a concrete sidewalk, and a person of Trevon Martin's build is banging the back of your head into the concrete because you had the noseyness to ask him who he was because this was a gated community and houses were being broken into. Instead of him replying, "Why do you ask?" or a more assertive "What business is it of yours," your assailant knocks you down and starts banging your head against the concrete sidewalk. What should you do?
Do nothing and be complicit in a man causing you to possibly be brain-damaged with seizures the rest of your life? Would that be right, moral, or even loving? Would it be loving to let the assailant commit murder? Here I go deeper into the concept of love than Jesus did, to say that it is not loving to let someone slap your cheek and just turn your other one to him. It is not loving to enable someone to be a psychopath and injure or kill people. Sorry, Jesus. If you cannot get away and the assailant continues pounding your head, then the most loving thing to do in this situation is to pull out your gun and blow him off your chest.
    I lived about a hundred miles from this incident in Florida, and I believe that is how it happened. I would also say that if the assailant had been my son, the moral, most loving thing to do in that situation would have been for the victim to blow my son away. I am sure this comes as no news to my son, and I hope he would think the same of me. We've got to be civilized. Peter Nickerson

No comments: