Friday, July 17, 2015

Whistle-Blower #6

        I may be wrong that Sue Royster, my Senior Social Worker, told me that York County was not getting pregnant Tammy into therapy before she killed herself. Maybe Sue could call me about that point now, but after the demonization she took from State Welfare and my being AWOL in protecting her from that, she probably has no desire to talk to me. The problem was that Virginia State Welfare's "studies" after I blew the whistle on York County Social Services made her look like a zombie, but it also made it appear that she was critical of me. The latter did not arouse any desire to protect her from the lies of State Welfare. Which was exactly what State Welfare wanted.
    But soon, Sue informed me that York County's pregnant foster child Tammy was told by her boyfriend and the father of her child that he would not marry her. His therapy, arranged by Sue, had strengthened his resolve not to get married and to tell that to Tammy, the stronger personality of the pair. As Sue and I feared Tammy's reaction to Steve's refusal to marry her was fatal. She killed herself and by doing that, killed her unborn child.
    It could be that this was the time Sue told me York County had never tried to put Tammy into therapy. I'd like to think I was told at this time and not before her death because I should have done something. I could have complained to the State Regional Social Services Director Paula Kreschen. She and Betty Copland were close friends. Paula Kreshen would have made sure that Betty would not be crazy enough to refuse to put such a vulnerable foster child as Tammy into therapy.
    I am trying to capture what was said, and I think I do hear Sue telling me "They never put Tammy into therapy." when she informed me of Tammy's and her child's death by suicide. Peter Nickerson, MS, MSW  352-359-0850

No comments: