Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Whistle-Blower #8

    I learned of Tammy's funeral at the cemetery in Williamsburg and walked from my office to attend it. I should have taken my car because it was apparently over before I got there, because I saw a York County Social Services car that seemed to be driving away from the service. The car had only a driver in it: Rasheed, a Muslim I believe, who I understood was the supervisor of the social workers for children at York County Social Services. He didn't even wave at me, but just gave me a very malevolent stare. My sister Pam says that I have a very naive concept that I can tell the truth, and everyone will accept the truth even though it hurts them. But my blind spot was much larger than that after I told the Social Service Directors of the Tidewater Region if Virginia, including Newport News, Hampton, Accomack, Chesapeake, and Norfolk about the death of foster child Tammy and her unborn child. We were all having lunch together. Peter Nickerson, MS, MSW  352-359-0850

No comments: