Thursday, March 11, 2010

Two More Dark Brown Panther Sightings!

I went to the Farmers' Market in Gainesville, Florida with a friend, and she introduced me to a woman who, with her husband, has a dairy farm in Lake City, Florida. The woman was there with a trailer full of fresh milk to sample. I asked her the panther question, and she replied that about eight years ago, she had seen a dark brown panther. Neighbors had seen the big cat too.
That evening I was checking out of Wal-Mart in Gainesville and started a quick conversation with the clerk. She mentioned that she and her husbad owned 40 acres near a Game Management Area, and that her son hunted their property. She and her husband had been tournament archers until injuries sidelined them. I asked about panthers, and she replied, "Yes, we've seen one. About eight years ago. It was dark brown, almost black. We called the wildlife people, and one came out. He looked around and said it couldn't have been a panther. The panther had been lying on the hood of our car, but it wasn't a panther, of course!
"That's what they always say," I assurred her.
"I know."
A fine example of honesty our Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is setting for us! Government is so corrupt! Please call me if you or your friends see a panther. Peter Nickerson, 352-359-0850. Thank-you!

No comments: