Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Obama And Infanticide

I have written almost twenty index cards about the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act and took them all outside with me to call my collectivist sister, Sarah, in Brattleboro, Vermont. This was the first time I used to cards to help buttress what I had to say. Using them, I was actually able to read the baby protection act bill word for word to Sarah. The bill clearly demonstrated that it was in no way an anti-abortion bill but applied only to alive babies who were totally separated from their mother. The only thing abortion had to do with the bill is that these babies were born after an unsuccessful abortion (death) attempt had been made on them.
I then summarized to Sarah what Obama said on the Senate floor in opposition to providing care to these little Americans, instead leaving them uanattended until they died of neglect. If I had looked at the headings on some of the cards, I would have seen that I also had written a portion of Obama's opposition speech verbatim. I told Sarah that it looked like Obama tried to control the issue by completely changing it. He insisted the bill was an anti-abortion bill. Any sane, intelligent, and honest person could plainly see that it was not. Then he insisted that the bill referred to "pre-viable fetuses" which it plainly did not. Finally, he made a bizarre statement that babies couldn't be referred to as persons until they were, "say, nine months old." Obama sounded like he was either insane or unbelievably dishonest and manipulative.
Sarah's reply was that Obama would not say such "stupid things" and that the information was false. Having put a lot of work into writing these index cards, I became uncharacteristically angry at my sister. I retorted that she was not interested in evidence but already had her mind made up about Obama based on emotions. I ranted for a bit more before she asked, "So who's emotional now?"
I had taken too many stool softeners and laxatives several days before, and my passion started lower stomach spasms. I had to hang up and run to the bathroom. When I got out, I opened David Freddoso's "The Case Against Obama" and looked up the footnote for Obama's opposition speech on the Illinois Senate floor. The footnote had about 50 characters for the governmental address. This would be quite a feat - to get all 50 characters right at the same time, but I decided that was the route to go. If Obama hasn't had it destroyed!
Today, I woke up in a panic. What was I doing pitting myself against Obama? He would squash me like a little bug. Look what happened when I said something about another Social Services Director essentially causing the death of a foster child and the baby she was carrying because she didn't get them into counseling. I lost everything and everyone including my wife and two children. I didn't get anything or anyone back either - not the way they were before.
I was not strong enough for this! Feeling the spasms, I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. Aftter that exercise was completeld, I paced the house nervously. I was no Solzhenitsyn. I was a scared rabbit. Why was I doing this again? I knew that I could be possibly be enough of a pain in the ass that even the president would hear about me if I stayed on the trail (and it was a real trail) long enough. Obama's staff trolled the Internet looking at the conservative blogs. I was not strong enough for the consequences of Obama. I had been tested before when I spoke up a little about the suicide death of the foster child Tammy and her fetus. I failed that test miserably. Why was I being presented now with the same situation twenty years later, but this time against the President of the United States instead of the Virginia Department Of Social Services? Why couldn't I just shut my mouth and be satisfied with living the life of a scared rabbit? Was this the work of God? But would God give me strength? I didn't feel strong now. So how could I get strength against the the most powerful man in the world? I needed allies. In Virginia, the only person I went to was a psychiatrist I had worked with. He believed in everything being kept quiet. Big help. Who could be my ally now? I thought of my church and Brother Eddie, the senior pastor and Vietnam War heliocopter pilot. I thought of Christians in general as my allies. I decided I would copy the pertinent pages from Freddoso's book, get them to Brother Eddie, and see what he thought. I needed allies, the bigger the better. I called Congressman Cliff Stearns' office in D.C. and asked the aide," I'd like to know what Congressman's Cliff Stearns position is regarding Obama's opposition to the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act."
"What do you mean- position?"
"Does he support it, oppose it, doesn't care, or what?"
"As far as I know, Congressman Stearns has no position on it."
"Okay. Thanks a lot. Goodbye."
"Yep. Goodbye."
You see? I'm already becoming a pain in the ass. God give me strength! Peter Nickerson, 352-359-0850.

No comments: