Saturday, April 29, 2017

Vermont Selectboard Un-Candidate #12

     I was down about being so afraid of what the Abanaki Indian and the Selectboard Chairwoman might say to me, so I went to Cognitive Therapy for help. What I mined was to ask myself two questions when I am feeling scared:
First: What am I scared of? Second: Is it really that scary?
     Soo, One: I am scared of what the Indian will say. Okay, I've identified my fear. Soo, Two: The Indian isn't going to tomahawk me or even kill me over the phone. He isn't going to do anything violent. The worst he can that's somewhat reasonable is tell me he doesn't know when I made my anti-Indigenous Day spiel and not to drag him into my fight with the Reformer. That would hardly destroy me or even ruffle my feathers.
     However, my feathers are ruffled by little Nazi snowflakes making it impossible for Ann Coulter to talk at Berkeley. Were more buildings and cars damaged, even destroyed? I don't have television. Where is the response to this criminality? I'd protect my building and my truck. As I said to someone, "They're just little Nazi snowflakes. Hit them a couple of times, they'll melt and run for therapists at their safe spaces. The therapists will give them a bott and blankie, put them to bed and then read comforting passages from Mein Kampf to them."
     The other person said, "There was no one there to hit them. The cops just stood by and let them."
     This means that the cops were acting not as constitutional officers but as political operatives. In this case, leftist operatives. This is dangerous for our democracy. I realize this is California that wants to secede from the United States, but it appears that it is receding into lawlessness. Where's the adult in the room?
Peter Nickerson  peternickerson12@yahoo.com  352-359-0850 Philosophy Major

No comments: