Saturday, February 25, 2017

What's Up?

     "I took Pogo over to the office building, and he pooped on the back lawn. I didn't have a bag so I kicked a cave into the snow and kicked the poop into the cave. Then I told a neighbor about it at my apartment complex (poor people have no money, hence no new experiences, and nothing to talk about but where your dog pooped last!). Lo and behold, in a day or so, one of the apartment staff came up to my apartment and chastized me for not having a bag. That neighbor had reported me to the apartment staff!"
     This sounded to me like the secret police in a dictatorship like Communism or Sharia Islam, and I responded, "She had no business talking to you about what you did off property. Clear and simple. Tell her so, say good-bye, and shut the door."
     Upon reflection, I realized that it was not that simple because our apartment complex depends on the the office building staff to allow our cars to park in their parking lot once in a blue moon for such occasions as when our parking lot is re-surfaced. We have a fence between the two properties but maintain an open gate. It is important that we be good neighbors, and there is justification for our staff to talk to tenants. But it's still unpleasant and intrusive. And who would report that to staff?
   

No comments: