Saturday, March 19, 2016

No Drone Today

    My being a frightened person began in the womb not only by having the genes of my parents who were both anxious and frightened people, especially my father, but because I was almost aborted by government doctors serving in the Army in Anchorage immediately after WWll. My father was a thinker and a planner and arranged things so that my mother joined him at Fort Anchorage during the war. She lived in a cabin in a Eskimo village and had to walk through staked out sled dogs to get to her cabin. During the day, she worked as a civilian at Ft. Anchorage. How many soldiers during WW ll do you think were thoughtful and lucky enough to take their wives to war? Somehow my mother got pregnant with me but didn't know why she wasn't feeling well. It was apparently beyond the pay scale of the government doctors too because they decided to open her up to see what was wrong with her. Then they saw me, hastily sewed her up and kept her in the hospital for two weeks since a miscarriage was likely after such a trauma. I apparently saw the blade coming and struggled to get away from it as my umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck. After that, my father, to his credit, paid with his own money for my birth in a Swedish civilian hospital in Worcester, Massachusetts. The doctor said getting me unwrapped from the cord had been tricky, and I am sure there was some brain damage as my memory is bad and I am clueless about mechanics. Unfortunately, that wasn't the end of being scared witless for at the age of two when I broke some of my father's scrimshaw from Alaska, he started considering killing me. He was considering killing me or putting me into reform school and letting me know about it regularly until I left for William and Mary at 17. I never spent another night at "home" again. No wonder, aye?
    When I wrote the post about Obama deliberately abandoning Benghazi and causing the death of two Seals, an American ambassador, and a State Department communications expert, I did not know if I were the first person to write that on the Internet. If I were the first, I was afraid of the consequences.
There are many ways to kill a person, and it's documented in two books I've read that Obama goes around saying, "I'm really good a killing people" in reference to the terrorists and the hundreds of innocent Arabs killed in drone attacks with Hellfire Missiles on shots that he has personally authorized. Terrorists and innocent Arabs today, American "enemies of the state" tomorrow.
I was pleased with myself (a rarity for a person suffering from depression) when I went ahead and published the post not knowing if I were the first person in the word reporting this or not. That showed some courage and no Cruise Missile came up the Conneticutt River to Brattleboro looking for me because many people have posted about the deliberate abandoning of the four Americans at Benghazi.
    The two books I'm referring to are Double Down -around page 50 for Obama's observation, I think, and another book whose title is something like A President, A Terrorist, and A Drone. "Getting good at killing people" is mentioned, I think, around page 30 and again in the chapter end notes. It's an early chapter.
    Peter Nickerson, Philosophy Major, Class of 68, William and Mary

No comments: