Monday, September 23, 2019

Panther Sightings and Bigfoot Talk

     I received this sighting early this afternoon: Two months ago a young man's aunt was driving on one of the two roads -- 63 or 9A -- that go along the side of Lake Spofford, the cleanest lake in New Hampshire, when she saw a black panther cross in front of her. Her husband says she's crazy. Don't say that, man. You sound like a city stickler instead of a country person.
     Last week, I was at Brattleboro's Wendy's when I heard a man with his family commenting that the sign on the back of my truck -- seen a black panther or Bigfoot? -- was nice. In a few minutes he told me that in 1994 when he was fourteen he saw a tan panther carrying a moose's leg across the ice on a swamp in Gilsum, a few miles north of Keene. He also said that the Keene Sentinel carried a picture of a tan panther in that same swamp that winter. Pictures from individual citizens are carried in that paper. They are beautiful and informative. Wish our local paper here in Brattleboro made a regular practice of that. Maybe that panther was having a tough time finding food to make it through the winter and had to show herself to humans.
      Does anyone know Chris Noel in East Montepelier? It seems that after nine years of watching for Bigfoot, he got a picture of one raising his head over a bush. Is that what it takes? Nine years? From his site, they appear to be answering him back though. Is this man on the level? Perhaps nine years gives you an accurate idea of their caution with man.
     Looking at my memo book, I am reminded that the attractive redhead sitting next to the Gilsum panther spotter told me that she had seen a tan panther on Flatroof Mill Road while riding horseback.
She saw the rear-end of the big cat as it bounded over a hill. The horses smelled him and were upset.
     Saturday night I was driving through the Green Mountain National Forest near where I had heard last spring that Bigfoot were stomping the ground. I was antsy. Then I heard some hollering. There were several syllables but I couldn't make them out as I was moving and my old motor is loud. Hesitating because I knew Bigfoot yelled though in Ninja language, so to speak, I steeled myself to stop, unarmed. I whooped back and got a littler whoop in return. Since Bigfoot was on my mind, I yelled "Bigfoot!" That brought only silence. My nerve gave out, and I rolled on. Next time I will call out and ask who is there. I wondered if it were lost hunters. There was no campfire or lights that I could see. Or any trucks or a drive-in to a camp. Occam's Razor says it was a campsite with hunters that I couldn't see, and they shut up when I yelled "Bigfoot!"
     Would like any panther or bigfoot sightings. Peter "Nick"Nickerson 352-359-0850 or peternickerson12@yahoo.com Thanks.

No comments: