Friday, May 25, 2018

School Shootings #3

     Today, I tried to call President Trump but had to settle for comments to him. I asked this question" "Does President Trump not demanding metal detectors and gunpowder-sniffing dogs at schools because he wants more schoolchildren shot so guns will be banned?
     The lady took the question and promised to get it to him. I asked that he call me. She laughed. I then tried to call the governor of Vermont, but my number didn't work. Instead, I got the governor of Alabama's office, and asked the same question. I was shuttled about twice and then had to leave a message with law enforcement. Next, I called Senator Bernie Sanders office. I asked the question, and things got a little tense for some reason. He's not for allowing kids to be shot at school, but I heard no support of metal detectors or gunpowder dogs. If someone didn't want kids to be shot why wouldn't they support metal detectors and gunpowder dogs? Why can't we assume that if they don't support metal detectors and gunpowder dogs at school then they do want schoolchildren shot.
You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't say you want to leave your schoolchildren without entrance security and say you don't want them shot. Your actions speak louder than your words. I told the rather hostile speaker that I wanted to get ahead of the school shooters by metal detectors and gunpowder dogs already at the school waiting for them. I told her you could secure metal detectors immediately but it would be a long wait before there were no more guns in America. ( Like never. Just look at the farcical "War On Drugs." Or go back a bit more and look at the farcical "Prohibition" of alcohol. Both failed because they were undemocratic. People want drugs and alcohol and any sane person wants a gun too.) Swords drawn, the Bernie speaker and I said goodbye.
     Maybe Bernie will eventually get back with me about what his position on civil forfeiture is. I asked his representative that question last August at the nice luncheon he threw in Brattleboro, Vermont.
     I then called Congressman Peter Welch and asked the metal detector and dogs question. The speaker was not at all transparent; he only said that more funds for school security were being asked but wouldn't say what for.
     At Senator Leahy's office, I had to leave a message to please call me back.
     So that's how it goes. Not very impressive. I don't see the love for schoolchildren, only blather.  Nick

No comments: