Wednesday, January 14, 2009

#113 "The Black Panther Betrayal" cont.

Richard said, "I've seen two black panthers in Perry. This one was about a hundred yards up the road. He was sitting at a pig and deer crossing. I thought he was a black hog at first. Then I could see that he was sitting down. Then I saw a seven foot tail that was twitching. As we drove closer, he got off the road and was gone. The other black panther I saw from a tree. I cocked my 30-30 and told myself that if he got any closer, I was going to kill him."
"How close was he?"
"Fifteen feet."
After I made a series of calls to him and Wayne who lived in Tallahassee, we all agreed we would go out to where Richard saw the panther. We would meet a nine in the morning. I drove the two hours to Perry and met Wayne in the parking lot of Swain's
Restaurant. Wayne then called Richard, but his wife said he was asleep. Wayne and I drove into Perry where we politely waited at Hardee's for an hour before we called him again. This time he answered, saying, "Oh no, I've been up since dawn. My son wants to get back to Gainesville." Richard and his son were welders and were working on the widely hated concrete plant Florida Rock was constructing in Newberry, near Gainesville."
Honored reader, I had quite a lifting session last night, and my hands and wrists really hurt. Sorry, but must stop. Two-Guns

No comments: